My New Job

August 30th, 2013 · 19 Comments

So, if you read Monday’s post, then, you’ll know that I have officially become an owner of CrossFit East Redlands. I have three fabulous smart partners who are supportive and excited about this CrossFit journey and how it can improve lives. I love my job! I’ve never yet felt, “this is such a drag” or “I can’t wait to be home” or “What time is the end of my shift”. It’s more about what more can I do, how can I help, how can I encourage them that what I believe is effective for weight loss and health?
One of the most amazing “highs” this week is getting our mothers into handstands. All three of us (my partners and I) have our mothers attending our classes and this week, our 73 year old, put herself upside down in a handstand and I couldn’t be more proud!
Check her out!

Tags: Cross Fit

• 1 Julia // Sep 7, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Glad you’ve become an owner of Redlands Crossfit and love it. It’s nice to see older peoples having the desire to stay fit and healthy. I am proud that she has achieved her personal goal. Keep it up!

• 2 Six Pack Sarah // Sep 11, 2013 at 10:49 am

Just forwarded this post to my mom and mother-in-law. Maybe this is the motivation they need to start their New Year’s resolution a little early :)

• 3 Chris // Sep 20, 2013 at 2:33 am

And why shouldn’t you be proud. Not too many children can have their mother put herself upside down on a handstand ! I just love your work attitude! keep it up.
    Chris´s last blog post ..“Just Relax”: Dealing With Unhelpful Comments While Trying to Conceive

• 4 Angela Parker // Sep 30, 2013 at 10:48 am

congratulations! I just started my crossfit training September 7th. I love it so much.
    Best of luck to you with CrossFit East Redlands.
    Angela Parker´s last blog post ..Top Protein Powders On The Market

• 5 Rozer Sequaria // Oct 7, 2013 at 8:53 am

Hi…………

This is good indoor fitness tips and at 73 age your mom is doing that Amazing.

After read this my mom also do handstand since last 2 days.

• 6 Michelle Kramer // Oct 19, 2013 at 6:39 am

My husband (a personal trainer) has been bugging me to do these and then the press up. Now I have to give it a try!

• 7 Jason @ IS // Oct 20, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Crossfit is awesome – congrats! I’ve been through a few classes and prefer traditional strength training myself. Crossfit does give me one heck of a workout though, and has paid dividends when I’m trying to lean out prior to summer.
    Jason @ IS´s last blog post ..The Best Lower Chest Exercises and Workouts – Build a balanced Chest!

• 8 Becky Palmer // Oct 22, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Congrats and Good Luck!! I think everyone should try Crossfit its incredible and i love it…and take it easy on mom. lol

• 9 Jenny Stafford // Oct 25, 2013 at 2:00 am

This is truly inspiring! I’ve never realized what a huge difference a workout can make. Can’t wait to give the program a go!

• 10 wikamag // Oct 25, 2013 at 7:18 am

Making Time for the Gym (With Neither Time nor a Gym) http://wikamag.com/making-time-for-the-gym-without-time-or-a-gym/

• 11 Randi // Oct 28, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Wow! I sure hope I can still do a handstand at that age!
    Randi´s last blog post ..Best Cardio Workout Videos for Intermediate to Advanced Levels – 2013

• 12 www.yogaworldonline.com // Nov 7, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Well done! http://www.yogaworldonline.com

• 13 CrossFit East Redlands is Officially Open | Healthy and fit // Nov 10, 2013 at 2:09 pm

[…] My New Job […]

• 14 Keeon // Nov 12, 2013 at 4:52 pm

We should all be inspired by this post. Most people younger than 73 can’t even do handstands. Crossfit also continues to bring people together where they inspire each other to workout and be healthy.
    Keeon´s last blog post ..Is Gluten Free Food Really All That Healthy?

• 15 Gabbi // Nov 22, 2013 at 7:27 am

This is very inspiring. I love the fact that you are putting your mom in the classes as well with the other ones. I’m going to try to make my mother motivated from what you do, so she can participate in classes and see how it can change her. Thank you!

• 16 kathy gomez // Nov 26, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Great info. Lucky me that I discovered your blog by chance. I have saved as a favorite for later! Keep sharing ?

• 17 Brad // Nov 29, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Healthy cooking

• 18 Roberto @ rowing machine reviews HQ // Dec 7, 2013 at 4:41 am

thanks for the update! great to see you got a new job :)

• 19 Tiffany // Dec 31, 2013 at 5:27 am

The is awesome. I have always wanted to try crossfit. I think that will be my next step.