One Great Gift: Your Time

May 5th, 2013 · 6 Comments

As a mother, we are always so strapped for time, it’s amazing the laundry gets done! And, if you’re a working mother (out of the home) things get even more complicated. We have to have time for the kids, ourselves, our hubbies, the house, the dishes, dusting, cleaning…..a social life! The list goes on and on. We could literally be busy every minute of our day all day without really blinking an eye. To top that off, if you add holidays, weekends and social engagements, it makes it even more exciting or daunting depending on which type of mother you are. I’m one who likes a little social/fun stuff on the weekends, and then I like a lot of unstructured time on Sundays to rest up for the upcoming week.

In this month’s Experience Life magazine, there was a tiny little article about “Buying Time” and how if you spent as little as ten minutes a day helping someone else, it will make YOU feel better/less stressed. To learn more about it, check out www.GoodDeedTime.com. I am. Who knows, maybe it will help!

Tags: Miscellany

• 1 Rich // May 6, 2013 at 7:25 am

You know I think that’s great advice. I find when I’m struggling to motivate myself to get started with some task, it helps when my other half asks me to help out with something. When that’s done it’s a lot easier to get going with my own task. Probably got something to do with creating momentum.

Regards

• 2 Chris // May 6, 2013 at 11:31 am

Yeppers. We never think we have the time, but there’s always that spare teensy chunk when we’re messing around on the internet (like I’m doing right now ;) ) …helping others is a great way to “spend” it.
    Chris´s last blog post ..Symptoms of a Panic Attack

• 3 Tom S // May 8, 2013 at 2:15 am

Hello!
    I’m coming up with a new product that can help people with muscular pains och aches, so I though that this blog is a good forum to spread the word. Surveys that I’ve done thus far indicate that there’s a big market, however, I need independent people to fill in this short survey. It only takes 2 min!

Thanks in advance!

• 4 Jay Green // May 9, 2013 at 5:16 am

So true, I am crazy busy, but today decided I needed to volunteer for a group that helps foster children with reading and learning skills. No matter how busy you are you can always find time to help someone else who doesn’t have it as good as you.

• 5 CL // May 13, 2013 at 5:15 am

You don’t realize how valuable time is until your old and don’t have any of it!

I used to wish away days waiting for vacation or holidays, now I’m trying my best to appreciate every day and let things happen when they do.
    CL´s last blog post ..Elliptical vs Treadmill: Which is Best For You?

• 6 One Great Gift: Your Time | Pratt Weblog // May 14, 2013 at 2:25 pm

[...] As a mother, we are always so strapped for time, it’s amazing the laundry gets done! And, if you’re a working mother (out of the home) th… Read story [...]