Fitness Nuts what apps do you use on your phone to stay motivated? Because I am a newbie iPhone owner, I’ve only begun to use it for all that it’s good for! Currently, I use the app “One Rep Calculator”, “Tabata Timer”, and a basic Stopwatch all the time.
Below are some suggestions offered by ShopSmart to help us stay motivated! Please feel free to leave a comment on your favorite fitness app. Our readers would love to know!
- CrossFit Travel is designed to help users stay on course while on the road. All workouts, aside from running) are designed for small spaces, such as a hotel room or bedroom. The app includes more than 120 Workouts of the Day that can be tailored to users’ preferences. Works on Android, $2.
- Daily Arm Workout can help users tone up. Like the Daily Butt, Cardio, and Leg Workout apps, Daily Arm Workout is loaded with video instructions for easy-to-follow moves to tone a particular body part that needs attention. Users can get fit anywhere as each app has short routines that require little or no equipment. Works on Apple and Android, free (pay $1 for more exercises and no ads).
- C25K stands for couch to 5 kilometers, and its aim is to help novices get ready for a race in eight weeks. The easy-to-follow training plan has voice alerts that tell users when to warm up, walk, run, and cool down, and tells when to give it the final push. Works on Apple and Android, free (pay $2 for more exercises and no ads).
- Kettlebell Training: The Basics is an inexpensive alternative to a certified personal trainer who specializes in kettlebells. This app will show users how to work those heavy little balls instead of lifting traditional barbell-type weights. First-times can start out with the Kettlebell Safety video. Works on Apple, $2.
- Pocket Yoga offers 27 yoga sessions for busy people who want to stretch and de-stress. Voice and video instructions guide users through every pose as if in a class. This app also contains 145 illustrated poses so users can check form and track progress. Works on Apple and Android, $3.
These apps were suggested by ShopSmart.