How much weight do most Americans gain during the holiday season?
Is it ten pounds??
From Thanksgiving to New Years most people enjoy their holiday festivities to the point that they end up heavier on the other side of the holiday than before, especially when you have multiple friend and family gatherings throughout each week for six weeks straight! The opportunities to over-eat are abundant and the opportunities to exercise might become infrequent if the social life demands it.
So, I plan to manage the holiday NOT weight gain as follows! Feel free to offer suggestions or comments on my plan.
Yes, I love sugar as much as the next person, however, I have learned how to keep it under control…
Eat dark chocolate only when you crave it!
1. If at a party, chose the foods that are the cleanest (veggies, fruits, and proteins).
2. Skip the chips and dips in favor of a cocktail, water or tea.
3. Eat desert that will be the best thing you ever tasted rather than something that is just “good.”
4. Maintain your exercise routines to the best of your ability. Lift heavy weights, walk frequently and sprint or do high interval training 1-2x per week.
5. Enjoy the people rather than the food!
6. If eating out due to lack of time at home to prepare home cooked meals, eat a salad with protein!
Skip the bread, etc…It’s nothing but calories.
7. Get good sleep, drink green tea, take your fish oil and generally enjoy life!
What do you think? Will I come out ahead or behind this holiday season with these rules/tips?