Fit Mom's Blog header image 1

In My Next Life, I Will Create “Fit Mommy” Workout Apparel

March 3rd, 2011 · 7 Comments

Back in 2008, I wrote a post called, If You Were An Inventor What Would You Create? And, most of the ideas I had then are still relevant today, although, I’m quite certain that with the iphone, ect…you can get apps for the date book one!
So, here goes, what I love most about my workout gear….I love bits and pieces from all the brands and I am not all that loyal to any one brand.

1. Jog Bra. What can I say, each jog bra I have is not perfect. Small chested, big boned, need to wear all day and to the workout AND that would be nice enough as a top on it’s own, if needed.

2. Bra Top. Favorite brand, is Patagonia Hotline Cami Top. Perfect for all day wear, however, not a workout top.

3. Yoga Pants. Hummm….Yes, great for teaching yoga, not doing yoga- most are too hot or too expensive. Most don’t transition as both workout or “playout”.

4. Track Suits/Sweat Suits. Yes, I do own coordinated hoodies and pants from Old Navy, however, they rarely fit the same from color to color and although are cheap, don’t really last and aren’t really all that stylish.

5. One or Two really awesome hoodies! Colorful, looks great with jeans, functional, that won’t break the bank!

What can I say? Do you see a theme here? I wear workout gear 7 days a week and I am opinionated about it. There are lots of brands on the market that do one or the other really well. What I’d really like to see more of is highly stylish, colorful, sexy yoga apparel {not black} that can do go all day and look as good as a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Suggestions, brands, comments?

What would you want if you could design your own workout apparel?

Related Posts

Tags: Things that motivate me · Yoga, Pilates, Recovery · gift guides · health and fitness

• 1 Julia Quina // Mar 4, 2011 at 11:19 am

Lululemon! They are very expensive but so worth it, especially if it’s your main workout staple. Their bras are amazing, and not always cut like workout bras. I’m in fitness gear 24/7 too, so its nice to have clothes that are high quality (their groove shorts are amazing for running/group ex classes) and that look nice. If you’re willing to spend a little extra on a few key items, this is the way to go! Hope this helps!

• 2 Fit Mommy // Mar 5, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Yep, I do have a few pieces from Lululemon and I like them but they are just really expensive!

• 3 Kristin Neudorfer // Mar 6, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I’m always searching for other MOM reviews on clothing and gear so I don’t blindly spend on not-so-great garb. Thank you for this helpful list!

• 4 Kelly // Mar 7, 2011 at 2:08 am

I think one of the trickiest things about buying workout clothes is that they may feel great in the dressing room (or the bedroom at 5am) but you never really know until you actually work out in them! And even though I don’t live in my workout clothes it is good to spend a little more and get ones that will stand up to the abuse of the sweat and dirt and frequent washings. :) In my next life I will buy your clothing line!

• 5 Sandy // Mar 27, 2011 at 2:05 pm

What do we want? That’s the question…I think we want to look as good as we’ve worked for and feel inside! Would you wear a sports bra that had some color and on the front and back? How would you re-design the shelf bra that’s found in almost all apres’ “workout” dresses?
    What would you say is classic and refined? Let’s help each other look as good as we’ve worked for? I’m interested in hearing this as well!

• 6 Fit Mommy // Mar 27, 2011 at 7:10 pm

@ Sandy, I love colorful sports bras! Yes, for front and back.
    If I were to redesign the inside of shelf bra, I might add some removable pads for those of us small chested types. I wear lots of those dresses in the summer and love them!

• 7 Fit Mommy // Mar 27, 2011 at 7:12 pm

@”What is classic and refined”? That is a tough question…For when do we need to look classic and refined? Date night for me would be one perfect pair of jeans, comfortable shoes and a stylish jacket (don’t own this stuff). For my work environment, yoga apparel that is also appropriate for the soccer field! It seems as if for me, I look like and dress like an athlete 24-7 with a rare occasion where I attempt to look different.