What’s on your IPOD? (Revised to include reader selections in a second mix!)

December 17th, 2008 · 6 Comments

I am a music lover.  Also, a closet singer. Ha ha ha…only when nobody else is listening.  So, when I’m out in the garage or working out indoors or even folding laundry, I use the IPOD.  My music tastes are WIDE WIDE WIDE…My husband could listen to alternative rock all day and not get tired of it.  Me, I like to really belt it out when I’m alone and particularly if I am going hard on my bike.  Music can really take up the level of your performance significantly.

Below are some of my current favorites, but, I’m OPEN to lots of new tunes.  Hint, hint, hint..Need to move away from 1980′s and 90′s rock and move into the 2000′s at least!

I’d love to hear about your favorite songs for working out!

This post has been edited:  Firefox browser would not let me post my mix inside the actual post.

This was awesome!! Thanks everybody for all the great songs! Mixaloo is a great place to make a mix for music lovers, but, I had to use Itunes to hear the song or to find the name of the CD and some songs just aren’t on Mixaloo. Please feel free to add your favorites as well!

Edited to add the top 100 workout songs of 2008. (link)

Tags: Workout music

• 1 MizFit // Dec 17, 2008 at 11:25 am

me? whatever cr*p my husband has loaded on it.
    I need to get better with itunes.

MizFits last blog post..If I had a million dollars. I’d snag a nonmotorized treadmill and…

• 2 Amanda // Dec 17, 2008 at 2:49 pm

Oh lately I’ve been very happy with “Put a ring on it” from Beyonce and “So What” from Pink… I really like the fast upbeat songs.

I listen to a lot of upbeat country too when I run…I think it’s a little more mellow so I won’t pick up my pace as much but I’m still inspired.

Amandas last blog post..Day 9 – Biggest Loser Speed

• 3 Moran // Dec 17, 2008 at 4:51 pm

Right now? loads of reggaeton and BLUE (a CUTE British band) I have all their songs on now and it was great today on the treadmill!

Morans last blog post..All so OUCH

• 4 Stephanie // Dec 17, 2008 at 5:12 pm

Hey! I like your “style!” I could definitely move and groove to those tunes.

• 5 Kara from MamaSweat // Dec 17, 2008 at 6:35 pm

The mix is great–Big fan of Snow Patrol (my hubby just downloaded their new stuff). I also love love love Guster–they’re due for some new tunes. Alas, I rarely listen to my ipod while running/walking, but I’ll be hitting the eliptical more in the coming months, so I may need to get it “organized” with some new workout songs…

Kara from MamaSweats last blog post..Everything I Know About Coping with Pregnancy I Learned from Being a Triathlete

• 6 Joe Hrdlicka // Dec 18, 2008 at 2:40 am

GREAT topic. I love “Thunderstruck” by AC/DC. That just gets me going. Another good couple of run songs (but this isn’t fair, there are thousands of others) –

Old songs –