Fit Mom's Blog header image 1

Swimsuit Blues

April 24th, 2008 · 7 Comments

I do NOT have a body like this.

cover_subscribe.jpg

In fact, I’ve never had a body like this. In my leanest year, I DID NOT have a body like this…(it has yet to be uncovered).

According to most magazines, I am built like a pear. Not a word I can accept but it’s the truth. I have cyclist/runner quads, cyclist butt, and a small top half. The summer is now here and that means being scene seen (spelling?) in a suit. Dang it! I hate wearing a bathing suit in public. The thought of appearing in a two piece at my local gym for swimming lessons gives me hives….Don’t need 50 parents looking at me in a suit and judging my big butt, thick thighs, white middle, etc, etc…

However, I’m stuck. My youngest is in swimming lessons and WILL NOT EVEN GET IN THE WATER WITHOUT ME.

My current closet includes several out of date, pre-baby two pieces that show WAY too much skin. I’ve always bought suits from Athleta so they are NOT super sexy, but, I just don’t want to show my untanned (post baby) midriff to the public. I seriously FEEL bad about myself when I have to put one on…It’s like showing everyone all your flaws.

I tried on hundreds in my mind (I didn’t leave the house…) from various catalogs….

This one?

40371_1.jpeg

40344_1.jpeg

Too much skin, skirts don’t hide the size of my butt..

Or this one?

40380_1.jpeg40385_1.jpeg

Can’t do it. Couldn’t fill out the top, you can see my flabby tummy, stretch marks on thighs…

Or this one?

39238_1.jpeg39268_ebbt.jpeg

Finally, a top that actually uplifts in the right areas and hides the tummy. Shorts, perfect. At least I feel like an athlete in this suit and I’m not cringing when I put it on. Winner!

Readers, what’s your story?

Random Posts

Tags: workout apparel

• 1 workout mommy // Apr 24, 2008 at 11:37 pm

I think you took the words right out of my mouth! I dread this summer b/c I will have to wear a normal bathing suit again. (was prego the last 2 summers) I looked at that last one too and liked it….so please let me know how it turns out. I don’t have any advice, just empathy!

• 2 Jacqueline Carly // Apr 25, 2008 at 10:56 am

From one pear to another I’m with ya!My butt, hips ,thigh problem area is so unforgiving in those things…too tight here, squished in there, spilling out everywhere! If only i could magically just trasfer some to my boobs I might look semi-balanced.

• 3 Playful Professional // Apr 25, 2008 at 1:09 pm

Ooh I love the top on the last one and the boyshorts. Where did you get it?? I need something like that to keep my not so small top half up. I love sports bra type swimsuits, so this might be perfect for me!! By the way, I hate swim suits too but more because I’ve got a non-fruit shape.

• 4 Fit Mommy // Apr 25, 2008 at 3:25 pm

I got the suit from Athleta. And I love it!!

• 5 MizFit // Apr 25, 2008 at 5:40 pm

I adore pears.

when I had a pool where I lived (my house I mean) it was all about the nekid swim :)

moved a few months ago and am planning on the running shorts/sports bra combo until further notice.

• 6 Stephanie // Apr 26, 2008 at 2:05 am

Cute suit! I like the one you chose! Tankinis are always my favorite – usually with a skirt on the bottom.

• 7 MizFit // Apr 27, 2008 at 11:41 am

checking back to see whatcha got as I start my own search (I know the net isnt the best way to shop but Im lazy that way)

and I say FEEL LIKE AN ATHLETE IN YER SUIT.
    there is no better feeling.